Patents protect a technical solution to a technical problem. The right arises by registration after 2-3 years of examination at the patent offices. For an invention to be patentable, it has to be novel, contribute something more than what would have been obvious to the skilled person in solving the technical problem, and have a technical effect that can be reproduced. We have an established network of patent firms and attorneys in most countries where Swedish companies want to pursue business.
We can help you choose the protection that best suits your business strategy, keeps competitors at bay, and creates commercial advantages. In many cases, we will encapsulate this in a patent strategy, often starting from the following aspects:
- Invention Disclosure Forms as a starting point for creating an innovative culture.
- Novelty searches that show if the invention is part of the prior art. Read more about Novelty searches vs Freedom-to-Operate searches.
- Patents that protect the technical solution. Read the article – Can I patent my idea? And also the article Selling patented products?
- Oppositions to prevent competitors from stopping hindering your development.
- Copyright for software or databases.
- Design rights for your designs.
- Registered trademarks and trademark manuals for when the product is to be famous.
- Contracts and Agreements about confidentiality, consultants, suppliers, development, licenses and assignments.
- Infringement opinions to see if a particular product infringes a patent.
- Disputes and attacking strategies when competitors get aggressive.
- Trade secrets for sensitive business information.
Contact us here
Winnie the Pooh – What happens to the copyright?
The 18th of January is the International Winnie the Pooh Day. The well-renowned work about the honey-loving teddy bear Winnie the…Read more
Early Opportunities with the Unitary Patent System
The start of the Unitary Patent System in Europe is approaching, which following the latest delay is set to launch…Read more